Financial Assistant Position
The Financial Assistant reports to the Church Administrator and is responsible for overseeing the daily financial operations of the church. This position provides for the accounting of all financial records including church member contributions, payroll, and all receivables and disbursements.
The Financial Assistant should have extensive accounting and bookkeeping experience, be highly organized, and demonstrate expertise in the use and maintenance of church accounting systems like ShelbyNEXT or other automated systems such as QuickBooks along with Excel, Word, and Outlook. They must serve in a Christian spirit and possess the highest levels of confidentiality, integrity, and honesty. Excellent verbal and written communication and time management skills are required along with great attention to detail, problem solving, and self-direction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Records receipts and disbursements of all accounts within the church financial system.
- Serves as a key contributor in the ongoing update and maintenance of church computer systems.
- Maintains all payment records and financial reports and correspondence relative to church finances.
- Posts weekly offerings to individual accounts and maintains files of offering envelopes with applicable retention.
- Prepares and mails quarterly contribution statements and provides information to members in a confidential manner.
- Possesses a keen awareness of church policy and procedures in the processing of bills and invoices while monitoring for authority for payment.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for the Finance Committee, and quarterly church business meetings.
- Coordinates a periodic review as directed with the external auditor for financial integrity and process validation.
- Utilizes the church accounting system to make payroll payments and file all applicable governmental tax and other reports during the year and at year end.
- Serves as the church liaison with external providers and employees for the administration of insurance and retirement programs.
- Provides data and report services to the church staff and various church committees as requested and appropriate.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Church Administrator and Pastor.
This position is part-time with hours from 20-25 hours per week.
Due to the level of confidentiality required for this position, only those who are not members of Deermeadows will be considered. Please send résumé to Tammy Benedict, Church Administrator, email@example.com or call with any questions: 904.642.2200, ext. 220.