At Deermeadows Preschool, we pride ourselves on providing a rich preschool experience. Here are just a few of the resources available to you and your family as part of the Deermeadows community:
- Students at Deermeadows Preschool have music class, chapel and a library visit once a week.
- Our VPK students have access to our in-house Learning Specialist. She is an experienced, certified teacher that works with the children privately or semi-privately to provide intentional guidance and rich experiences that build upon individual strengths and talents, moving the child toward Kindergarten readiness.
- Deermeadows Preschool is fortunate to have our very own Resource/ Enrichment Director. She rotates resources (toys, books, manipulatives, puzzles, etc.) weekly for each teacher based on the teacher’s lesson plans. Your child will always have new materials available to them in their classroom learning centers.
- Each week, teachers send home a Peek Sheet which provides an overview of what will be happening in class the next week. This is a great resource to help you talk with your child about what they are learning at school. In addition, each class has a private Facebook page to build the classroom community and provide a look into what the children are doing at school.
Philosophy & Mission
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
Established in 1989, Deermeadows Preschool offers a warm, nurturing environment that compares to none other. It is our sincere desire to make a major contribution to your child's overall personal development - socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and spiritually. Our school is highly respected among preschool educational programs in the city of Jacksonville.
Mission Statement: The mission of Deermeadows Preschool is to minister to the children and families of our community by presenting a developmentally appropriate Christian education, and to lay a foundation for a relationship with Jesus Christ in a loving, safe, and nurturing environment.
Deermeadows Preschool Philosophy
We believe that:
- Each child was designed by God for a purpose.
- Providing a strong biblically based age-appropriate curriculum enables each child to develop mentally, physically, spiritually, socially, and emotionally.
- Children feel safe and secure in an atmosphere of Christian Love.
- Through age appropriate experiences, children develop an appreciation of work, play, and learning. The love of God, love for others and love for themselves.
- Children develop self esteem through creative self expression.
The Preschool Staff:
Deermeadows Preschool has a highly qualified and trained faculty and staff. Each of them is committed to helping preschoolers feel safe and loved. Our teachers are committed to sharing the love of Jesus with the preschoolers and their families. Each member of our staff has been selected because they have a true passion for what they do. Everyone receives continuing education each year to make sure we offer the most current teaching and practices for our preschoolers.
- We serve children from age one through age four (as of September 1st of the school year).
- Classes are offered Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Our school year runs from September through May.
- 100% Compliant with the Department of Children and Families. We work hard to ensure we give the absolute best to our families!
License No. C04DU0127