Note from Pastor Larry: Coronavirus
March 11, 2020
Out of heightened awareness of the coronavirus, and in abundance of care for our congregation, we are taking precautions to ensure our campus remains a safe place for people to gather.
If you’ve been exposed to someone with flu-like symptoms or have them yourself (fever, persistent cough, headache, chills or unexplained rash), we ask you to remain at home. Click here to read our previous blog, “Health Safety Measures.”
For the next several weeks, we are initiating the following precautions to keep all of us safe:
Beginning this Sunday...
- Instead of passing offering plates on each row, we will receive offerings at the conclusion of worship. Deacons will be outside of the sanctuary with distinct red buckets. Please place tithes and offerings in these buckets. Remember you can give online through Deermeadows’ website (click HERE), via text, or through your bank.
- We are replacing handshakes, fist and elbow bumps with verbal greetings.
We will continue to...
- Provide hand sanitizer and tissue.
- Follow hand-washing procedures.
- Frequently clean touched surfaces, including touch screens, hand rails, door knobs and the like.
We are asking you to please...
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissue you only use once.
- Remain home if you are sick.
Remember to pray daily for the people around the world who have been affected by coronavirus and influenza. Thank you!